SONICWIRE provides software [MUTATNT] free version that manages the sound materials at free of cost. By installing this software, it enables you to access to the sounds you look for from the staggering amount of sound data and let you preview them easily. Making use of COMMENT or BOOKMARK function, the sound data are easily organized, classified and searched.
Software that supports a smooth usage of Sound Material
Mutant is software designed for simple and efficient management of sound files for advanced music production.
As sound information such as Tempo/Key which is included in bit number, sampling frequency, extension, ACID and Appleloops correspond to the display of waveform, it's easy to check the spec of the sound file while you try the sound. Once you find the sound you want, it's easy to add the sound file into your production environment by using the drag&drop function. You can bookmark each sound, leave notes about it or tag it to again find it later more easily. The downloadable version of Sound Effects Collections [Effects Packs] distributed at SONICWIRE.com is also compatible with Japanese keyword display.
Enhance your imagination
Once you find the folder which contains the sound you want to preview, you can immediately try the sound by just adding the file to Mutant with the drag&drop function. If you like the sound you tried, you can drag&drop the sound into your music production environment.
In folder-tree section, efficient keyboard shortcut functions such as that the right and left arrow keys let you open/close the folder, and moving between folder-tree and sound list with Enter/Esc keys. You can easily move between folders and try the sounds without using the mouse.
Excellent management functions to unify vast amounts of sound files
You can divide the sounds you tried into groups, for instance by just leaving notes, or adding them to the Bookmark folder. A constant display of the Bookmark folder close to the sound list is possible. It is of course also possible to make one note for multiple files or bookmark them all at once.
It's clear to see how much sounds are managed in Mutant as the total number of files in the folder can be displayed. The Sound list (database) can be switched depending on the property or contents of what you are producing.
Efficient Preview Function to support advanced Music Production
As the waveform is displayed in the sound list and seek bar, you can see in real time which part of it is actually playing. You can play the sounds without having any time interval between the different sound files (seamless playback). You can preview the different sound files continuously as if a loop file is playing. As it supports loop playback, you can play one loop while you play an instrument, and at the same time also check the compatibility with the music software you are using. You can of course also set it to stop playing after each file is played.
Loading Stereo Indicator to support 32-bit WAV/AIFF and mp3 sound files.
- New!Database switch function
- New!Add shortcut key
- New!Keyword Display Function
- New!Loadable Bookmark Bar
- New!Display for Waveform in Seek Bar
- New!Support for User Memos and Tags
- New!Narrow View Mode
- New!Function for enabling Show/Hide of File Tree
- New!Continuous Playback Preview
- File display - bug fixes
- Support for 32-bit WAV/ AIFF, mp3, mpeg4, AAC files*Windows: Codec for DirectShow is required.
- Support for drag&drop to "MUTANT"
- Support for drag&drop to "Digital workstation software"
- Advanced Search
- Display number of sounds for folder
- Waveform Preview
- Switch Waveform Display to Stereo/Mono
- Improvement of Sound Reading Speed
- Speed up of internal query processing
- Loop Function
- Inline text input function
- Rename / Delete / Move Folder Function
- Stereo Indicator
- Database Update for each Folder
- Support for Keyboard Shortcuts
- Bookmark Function
- Switch Language English/Japanese
- Seamless Connection with SONICWIRE.com
- Support for Windows/Mac
MUTANT - System requirements
- OS :MacOS 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
- CPU :Intel processor
- RAM :100MB
- Other :Audio device (Compatible to built-in device)
- OS :Windows XP SP3 or newer
- CPU :Intel Pentium4 2.0GHz
- RAM :100MB
- Other :DirectX compatible sound card